If you have not already, please navigate to News & Announcements to vote for your favourite candidate for staff of the year!
If you have not already, please navigate to News & Announcements to vote for your favourite candidate for staff of the year!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR

Go down 
+2
Clatter
steph1050
6 posters

Could this idea be implemented succesfully in the EPF?
Yes, as is.
Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_vote_lcap7%Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Yes, with modifications
Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_vote_lcap67%Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 10 ]
No, in any form
Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_vote_lcap20%Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
I'm not sure
Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_vote_lcap6%Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Neutral to either extreme
Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_vote_lcap0%Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
steph1050

steph1050

Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR Empty
PostSubject: Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR   Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:39 pm

Did that get your attention?

'ello again EPF, with our new forums, come new opportunities, chief among them is an advanced, and integrated DISPATCH system.

We all know what dispatch is, that mid-aged women on the end of the radio that neutrally calls out random codes, right? Well, why not bring that to the biggest POLICE agency in Habbo?

So, here is my proposition:

Using a stickied thread, and possibly an add-on to the forum, we will have a police radio which can be used to call, or simply text out codes coming from an agreed website, such as:
http://www.radiolabs.com/police-codes.html

This will not only drastically change our way of operating in the EPF, it will make things more realistic, just think of the following:

Current Situation:
Random noob comes screaming into HQ with caps lock on shouting 'SOMEONE JUST ROBBED A BANK, YOU HAVE TO ARREST HIM!!!!' over and over again without anyone, really doing anything until its too late. and, if it isn't too late, SWAT or HQ May or May not dispatch people to go and investigate

New Situation:
The same random noob goes into the room and starts shouting, the dispatch officer on-duty will either whisper or f/r her to get her attention, and then get the details of the situation, immediately thereafter, he/she will get on the forums and say something like: 'Code 211 in progress at (place) under the registration of (owner) suspect is: (username).

This most definitely will not be a foolproof idea, so I need the help of the EPF community, to take a look and help me fine tune this idea, if you have questions ill try to answer them, if you have suggestions Ill try to implement them, THIS HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED BY EPF HIGH-RANKING OFFICIALS, as of right now, it is simply another idea that may or may not be implemented for the benefit of the EPF.

-steph1050
Back to top Go down
Clatter
Forum Admin | EPF Owner
Clatter

Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR   Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Nice idea. However, Habbo's means of communication would hold this back too much. Not to mention the fact that half the kids that come in here can't even follow a simple FTF, FTB command. They won't be able to comprehend any of this or use it properly.
Back to top Go down
xBrooklynxOG
EPF High Rank
xBrooklynxOG

PostSubject: Re: Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR   Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:49 pm

I agree with Clatter People dont even listent to FTF FTB or FTM what makes you think that theyll obey this. Habbo blocks out Numbers most of the time when you say them because they dont want phone numbers or Birthdays given out. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
steph1050

steph1050

PostSubject: Re: Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR   Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:58 pm

Those are excellent points to bring up, but please consider the followings:

This idea would be made possible because of this forums not being on habbo, meaning the 'bobba' filter would not apply, the dispatch codes would be sent through a messaging device much like the one that is currently active on the main site.

Also, please remember that, the title of this post pertains to several isolated divisions in the EPF, all requiring more advanced-than-normal training to get access to, dispatch officers would be either the highest standard-ranks or in upper tiers of ranks which, well, you can't really get to unless you know what FTF and FTB are.

I understand the concerns that this is a bit far-fetched, but, if we can struggle through to get the highest ranking officers to understand just a few of these new codes, and be able to implement them in habbo, then the lower-ranking members of the EPF would STRIVE to accomplish knowledge, because, in all blunt honesty, people are going to be looking for other ways to get promoted, other then reciting links and instructions to recruit walk-ins in the lobby.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Clatter
Forum Admin | EPF Owner
Clatter

PostSubject: Re: Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR   Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:33 am

Fact is all these people can do it recite links and tell people to do this, and do that for a job. The forum and Habbo itself don't work closely enough together for this to work properly. Half these staff don't even know what a forum is. Good luck trying to explain to them how to operate one.

This idea is just not possible on something like this. It would start, struggle, and eventually die out, trust me. Not to put you down, or your idea down, but it just won't work.
Back to top Go down
steph1050

steph1050

PostSubject: Re: Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR   Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:24 am

Sir, you raise some extremely valid points, and in all honesty I agree with alot of what you are saying;

However, I believe that we need to put more faith in the people who are receiving the promotions, the people who are putting in the effort to learn, we have many people who are definitely capable of good work in the front row, but perhaps, after a while they get bored of it or lose interest. Should we set up this system, the EPF could more effectively handle case-by-case scenarios, maybe we only use 3 or 4 codes, maybe we don;t use the codes at all and simply just say what's going on and what needs to be done.

The bottom line, there is definitely a gap between the forums and the client of habbo hotel, but that is why the client exists in another window, it does not require much to have an EPF chatroom and the Habbo client open at the same time, and looking back and forth between the two when you're not busy and are on-duty.

I understand the concerns, I understand the probability of failure, but there is always an equal chance that this could benefit the EPF, how we run, how we can be more respected, and how we can turn from even our most respected leaders moving their gazes away from the officers they train, and being able to embrace the low and the high ranks with equal respect, and admiration. It is far-fetched, but it is possible to get through to those who need it, set a rank limit, offer special training, create a 'dispatch' department and link it to my 'Echo Patrol' group if you will, but I honestly believe that we're giving up too easily.

We are a community of 15,000+ strong, we are an organization that is open to trying new things, and experimenting with new ideas, it is at the core of the EPF to at least 'put in your best effort' it is up to you, sir, and the remaining higher ranks to determine, whether the odds of this succeeding, with the proper modifications and drastic changes to the EPF, compared to the chances of my idea ultimately failing and us just starting back all over again.

It is not a matter of me disagreeing with you, sir, it is a matter of me trying to find ways to renovate and improve this idea in a way that will make it work for the EPF.
Back to top Go down
Koony

Koony

PostSubject: Re: Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR   Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:07 am

Wow, you're an ideas man. I'm proud that you show such interest in the EPF.

As for your idea, we'd need to have any sort of organizing kept within the Habbo client, based around chat, IM and least of all the Discussion forum. Like Clatter said, more than half the people around don't know what a forum is let alone how to get the the EPF Discussion forum.

Only planning would be able to take place in such a place as this to implement any of the above ideas. For any of this to work we'd have to turn any complex ideas into simple plans, like how you said using only a few codes, perhaps even names instead.

I think the only way to get people educated about forming any kind of regulated patrol or dispatch would be to have them working really closely with an officially commission group such as Echo, perhaps a couple others in time. Not all Habbo's are as "mature" as us, some compromise and leadership is needed.

All of this is fairly ambitious, for now I think you should stick with Echo group and see what can come of it and perhaps in time it will seed a foundation for better ideas in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Zwind

Zwind

PostSubject: Re: Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR   Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:57 am

Steph, once again, your ideas amaze me!
Back to top Go down
steph1050

steph1050

PostSubject: Re: Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR   Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Alright, thanks for the support and ideas everyone, so I have decided to do the following:

This is an idea with a foundation, it is not fully developed, I want to wait a few days and try to get everyone's view on how probable this could be, after the trial of Echo Patrol for a week or two, I will determine if my idea would be sustainable and ask Mike whether or not I am authorize to utilize this idea in my Patrol Group. Whether or not it is implemented into the rest of the EPF depends entirely on the leadership and what can be deemed usable from this topic.

Thanks for the support and constructive criticism everyone!
Back to top Go down
chiefmior

PostSubject: i want apply for SWAT   Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 1:56 am

please accept my application
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR   Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proposition Pertaining To: SWAT, Echo Patrol, Investigative Dept, Medical, and HR
Page 1 of 1